One of the worst things you can do in email marketing is spam your customers, this is exactly what you do not want to do. It has been knows in the past for businesses to spam their customers resulting in them destroying the loyalty they once gained. Spamming was a huge problem that email service providers introduced filters to get rid of the spam. To avoid spamming issues make sure that when you send out an email you ask your customers permission to send more. You can offer your customers discounts and coupons to keep them interested in your services and products.
Before starting your email campaign make sure that you know exactly what you want to achieve from it. There are a number of things you can achieve through email marketing including customer loyalty, ongoing relationships and direct responses. In order to achieve all of this you need to plan ahead and set yourself clear goals.
The message within your email is the most important part of the campaign. It is therefore important that you think about it carefully if you want to draw in your audience. Some points to remember when writing your email are listed below.
· The subject line is one of the most important parts of your email determining whether or not the reader will open it up or not. You should make sure that it is catchy, interesting and straight to the point.
· Make sure that the content within your email is easy to read, clear and doesn't waffle on.
· Any important information that you want to share should be written at the beginning of the email followed by the less important information.
· Keep your email short and to the point so that readers are able to see clearly what it is that you are advertising.
· Your email should be signed off with a signature including your personal and company details. You should also include an opt out link.
Test Your Message:
Before sending out your email to potential customers you should make sure that you test it. You can do this by experimenting with the font, layout, images and links to see what looks good where. Experimenting like this will allow you to see what looks good and what doesn't.
When carrying out an email marketing strategy it is a good idea to make sure that you have a good email list. This will allow you to target the correct people your products are for. Once you begin sending out emails it will be clear to you after a few months those who are non-responsive. You should remove these people from the list so that it remains up to date.