- Study shows that URLs receive a significant boost in Google rankings when they are shared on Twitter
- The effects of this boost seem to level out at around 50 tweets, and the subsequent benefit of gaining additional tweets is minimal until around 5,000 tweets
- After 5,000 tweets the average ranking of URLs improves considerably
- URLs receiving over 7,500 tweets almost always rank inside the top 5 results
- Average rankings are heavily correlated to the number of tweets about each URL
I would highly suggest finding as much data as possible and convincing your bosses to allow you to start even a small unadvertised twitter. Just start interacting with people in your industry and potential clients. You will be surprised that traffic will start flowing into your website and your rankings just might increase.